Saturday, May 5, 2012

Welcome Fandom Fest Panelist Christian Jensen!

AMC:     Where do you get the inspiration for your stories or characters?

CJ:  Inspiration comes from everywhere. Sometimes it’s as simple as listening to my muse as she leans over my shoulder and whispers in my ear, other times it’s a story I heard or a situation I thought up while daydreaming. When I get a good idea for a new story, I hash out the scenario loosely and then come up with the characters. They all live in my head and just kind of scamper around waiting until they are ready to be born, and then jump into life on the page and take over the story. I give them full creative reign, allowing them to mold the loose idea into something more concrete.

AMC:    Do your characters talk to you?

CJ:  No, they scream and shout and punch me in the back of the head. My characters are the driving force of my books, and I let them control the tone and pace as much as they can. They all have their own lives, and I am just the guy writing down what they do. I have very little control over them.

AMC:    What other Authors would you suggest to fans of your work?

CJ:  Hard to say. I write in different styles and genres. For my erotica there are a ton of great writers out there, from Sable Jordan to Cassandre Dayne. I know so many incredible authors I couldn’t pick one out and say I write anything like them. The truth is; if you like erotica you can find a hundred good authors. It’s not about writing style with erotica as much as it is sub genre. You need to find someone who writes the kind of things you like.
With horror, I would just be talking like a fan-boy, spouting out names of incredible writers I would hope to be compared to. Horror is a strange genre, and some people can really write in it well, and others just suck. Fans of horror are incredibly knowledgeable about what they like, and they need to find their own authors. I could always make recommendations, but as far as who I write like, I really couldn’t say.

AMC:    What are some things you would like your fans to know about you?

CJ:   If they buy me a drink I’ll tell them everything from my middle name to my social security number.

AMC:    Do you have a current work in progress?

CJ:  I always have at least one WIP going. Right now I have three. I am finishing the fourth book in the Chronicles of Rosario series, starting the fifth book to the Zombies… series, and working on a follow up to my soon to be released Rebel Ink book. As well there are edits and such always going on. Anyone who thinks being a writer is easy has no clue how hard some of us work.

AMC:    What are you excited about seeing or doing at Fandomfest?

CJ:  There are so many incredible authors there I might just run around in a big circle screaming like a lunatic and buying books and getting autographs. Of course then I won’t be at my table selling my books and signing books, so that makes it kind hard to balance two things that I really want to do. Ultimately I am looking forward to meeting the readers who know my books and those who are giving me a try for the first time. I am most looking forward to meeting some really great people and talking about writing and books and anything horror related.

AMC:    Where can we find out more about you and your books?

CJ:  My blog is a great place to start. Http://horrorwritingdaddy.blogspot.com – I have a lot of free stories up there so people can get to know my style and sense of humor, as well as some interesting views and such. After that they can check out my website http://horrorwritingdaddy.com to find descriptions of my books and links to my work. Or they can follow me on twitter (@hororwritindad) or facebook (Christian Jensen) or Google+ (Christian Jensen)

Thanks so much for taking the time to read a little about me. I can’t wait to meet everyone at FANDOMFEST in June!

AMC:    Look forward to meeting you as well.  Note to self by Christian a drink....

No comments:

Post a Comment